- Development Services
- Cannabis Regulations
- Cannabis Information for Business
- Cannabis Application Process and Fees
Cannabis Application Process and Fees
Cannabis Permit Application Forms
Applications for Cultivation, Nonvolatile Manufacturing, Distribution, Retail, and Testing Labs are now available!
In order to operate a cannabis business in the City of Shasta Lake, you need to secure a planning and building permit, if it's necessary, and a Business Operating Permit from the City of Shasta Lake Development Services Department.
The application period shall remain open, unless closed by City (prior notification will be provided).
Commercial Cannabis Business Application Package
- Commercial Cannabis Business Application Package - Cultivation (PDF)
- Commercial Cannabis Business Application Package - Distribution and Transportation (PDF)
- Commercial Cannabis Business Application Package - Manufacturing (PDF)
- Commercial Cannabis Business Application Package - Retail Sales (PDF)
- Commercial Cannabis Business Application Package - Testing Labs (PDF)
- **Required Attachment for Manufacturing, Cultivation, and Testing - Utility Load Information Form(s) (PDF)
- Annual Renewal Application Form (PDF)Applications for the renewal of a permit shall be filed with the director of development services at least sixty (60) calendar days before the expiration of the current permit.
- Premises Diagram
All Cannabis Operations shall pay applicable fees and taxes, which may include one or more of the following: a. Application Fee (PDF). The Business Applicant shall submit a non-refundable fee to cover the cost of processing an application for commercial cannabis business. The application fee is paid at the time the application is submitted. b. Business License Fee.The Business Owner shall at all times maintain a current and valid business certificate and pay all business taxes required by the Shasta Lake Municipal Code.
c. Regulatory License Fee (PDF). The Business Owner shall pay an annual regulatory license fee ("Regulatory Fee") to cover the costs of anticipated enforcement relating to the Cannabis Operation. The amount of the fee shall be set by Resolution of the City Council and be supported by the estimated additional costs of enforcement and monitoring associated with the Cannabis Operation. The Regulatory Fee shall be due and payable prior to opening for business and thereafter on or before the anniversary date. The Regulatory Fee may be amended from time to time based upon actual costs. The Regulatory Fee must be paid in full before the issuance of Commercial Cannabis Business Permit.
Measure A Commercial Cannabis Special Tax Remittance Form(s)
- Conditional Use Permit
- Environmental Assessment/Initial Study Application
- Live Scan Locations - Shasta County
- Request for Live Scan Form (PDF)
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife-EPIMS (Environmental Permit Information Management System)
- Water Boards Cannabis Cultivation Programs-Cannabis Policy Approved and in Effect
Live Online Cannabis Regulatory Program Portal
- Bureau of Cannabis Control - Licensee Bond Form (4/16/18: Please note that a proof of a surety bond is required for each license application.)
- Secretary of State - Business Search
For questions and additional information on the application process, please contact: Development Services Department:
Phone: (530) 275-7430
We prefer all questions to be submitted via email, we will make every effort to respond in a timely manner.
Email the Development Services Department
Or visit us at: 4477 Main Street, Shasta Lake, CA 96019
Monday through Friday: 7am to 4pm (closed daily 12 to 1pm)