Encroachment Permits

What is an Encroachment Permit?

An Encroachment Permit is required for all construction work and activities that encroach within, under, and/or over the right-of-way.

Encroachment Permits cover work including but not limited to driveway modifications, installing asphalt or concrete, drainage modifications, utility work, fencing installation, and permanent landscaping and irrigation.

Modifications to the right-of-way have potential to cause issues such as changing drainage patterns or introducing conflict with utilities underground. Obtaining an encroachment permit and coordinating with the City prevents these issues and ensures a smooth project.

Encroachment Permit Application

Applications may be submitted electronically, or applicant may come to City Hall. Call (530) 275-7400 for additional information.