- To create an environment where businesses thrive
- To take advantage of every opportunity to improve economic prosperity
- To support projects that have measurable citywide impact
- To invest in our facilities to attract economic activity
- To invest staff time in projects/programs that will increase economic mobility
- To serve our customers – current and prospective citizens, businesses, and visitors – effectively, efficiently and equitably
- Provide regular communication out to City businesses
- Continue to expand and improve the City's relationship with Economic Development for Shasta County (Shasta EDC) and the Chamber
- Open new channels to receive input from businesses on what they need to expand
- Meet regularly with managers in all city departments to improve the City's service provision to businesses
- Allocate funds in a manner that maximizes revenue for businesses
- Invest tourism funds in a manner that will continue to expand our economy
What is Economic Development?
Economic Development is the creation of wealth in which community benefits are realized. It is more than a jobs program, it's an investment in growing your economy and enhancing the quality of life for all residents.