The City of Shasta Lake practices cost-effective management and consistent implementation of reliability investments and initiatives critical to maintaining and/or improving customer satisfaction and system reliability. The City strives to choose the most cost effective discretionary projects/practices with the greatest benefit to cost ratio to improve reliability.
Reliability Projects and Practices:
- Aggressive tree trimming to minimize tree related outages
- Installed New SCADA Master w/ alarm notification
- Mitigate recurring outages by employing such things as squirrel transformer bushing cover-ups
- Advanced Meter Infrastructures so we are notified of an outage as soon as possible
- Fusing Distribution tap lines so the protection zones are more localized
- Install additional line reclosing devices to keep the most customers on when we have an event
- Implemented a new mobile electronic inspection program to track and triage issues in the electric distribution system.
- Upgraded critical connections to reliable wedge connectors (Boltless Connectors).
- Bought and implemented a new fault location mapping program, which enables the Utility to dispatch crews to a more pinpointed area when electrical issues arise.
Shasta Lake Reliability Indices:
|Company||SA IDI||SAIFI||CAIDI||ASAI||Data Source|
|PG&E (COMPANY WIDE)||450.6||1.44||728.2||-||CPUC REPORT DATED 7/15/2021|
|PG&E (NORTH VALLEY ONLY)||1979.0||2.56||772.2||-||CPUC REPORT DATED 7/15/2021|
|CITY OF SHASTA LAKE (2016)||87.6||0.37||234.9||99.983%||2016 CALCULATIONS|
(NO WEATHER EXCLUSIONS)
|CITY OF SHASTA LAKE (2017)||48.6||0.41||117.5||99.991%||2017 CALCULATIONS|
(NO WEATHER EXCLUSIONS)
|CITY OF SHASTA LAKE (2018)||22.7||0.24||95.7||99.996%||Major Event Days , (Carr Fire) Excluded|
|CITY OF SHASTA LAKE (2019)||86.9||1.24||69.8||99.983%||New Wildfire Relay Settings Applied|
|CITY OF SHATSA LAKE (2020)||71.0||0.52||135.3||99.986%||Fire Safety Shutoffs Excluded|
|CITY OF SHASTA LAKE (2021)||12.5||0.31||39.9||99.998%||Fire Safety Shutoffs Excluded|
- SAIDI - This term represents the average number of outage minutes (due to sustained outages) per customer served.
- SAIFI - This term represents the average number of interruptions (due to sustained outages) per customer served.
- CAIDI - This term gives the average outage duration that any given customer would experience (restoration time).
- ASAI - This term is the ratio of the total number of customer hours that service was available to the number of hours in a year.