Water Efficiency and Conservation Information
2. Water from landscape irrigation shall be confined to the consumer’s property and shall not be allowed to run off to adjoining property or to the roadside ditch or gutter.
3. Water shall not be used for washing cars, boats, trailers, or other vehicles by hose without a shutoff nozzle and bucket, except to wash such vehicles at commercial or fleet vehicle washing facilities.
4. Water shall not be used to wash buildings, structures, sidewalks, walkways, driveways, parking lots, open ground or other hard surfaced areas except where necessary for public health or safety.
5. Free-flowing hoses for any use shall be prohibited. Customers shall use automatic shutoff devices on any hose or filling apparatus.
6. Faulty sprinklers and/or breaks within the customer’s plumbing system shall be repaired within twenty-four (24) hours after the customer is notified or discovers the break.
7. All wading/portable pools and spas shall be equipped with a recirculating pump, and shall be constructed to be leak-proof. Swimming pool/spa covers are encouraged to prevent evaporative water loss.
8. Irrigated landscaped areas shall include efficient irrigation systems (e.g., drip irrigation systems, timed sprinklers, rain sensors, low-flow spray heads, etc.).
9. All new development shall be required to install low flow devices (i.e., toilets and shower heads) pursuant to California Building Code standards.
10. Restaurant customers shall receive water only upon request.
For the first and second violations, the City will issue a warning. Subsequent violations within a 12-month period shall be: $100 for third violation; $200 for fourth violation; $500 for fifth and subsequent violations. The amount of the penalties will be added to the customer’s utility bill.
Customers may apply for a hardship variance from any of the water use restrictions in unique circumstances.
If you notice a neighbor violating the water use restrictions, it may be because they are not aware of the restrictions. Please help the City and your neighbor by letting them know about the new restrictions. Also, you may report a violation to the City by submitting this form to the Water Department: Complaint Form - Water Use Violations (PDF)