Where can I get sandbags?
Residents can fill sand bags at the City’s sand pile, located at the intersection of Ashby Road and Flower Street, free of charge. Bags can be obtained at local hardware stores including ACE Hardware on Cascade Boulevard, and residents will need to fill their own bags.

Show All Answers

1. Where can I get sandbags?
2. Who do I call if I have questions about my utility bill, or if I need to have my utility service activated or disconnected?
3. What utility services does the City provide?
4. Who provides garbage, greenwaste, and recycle pick-up for Shasta Lake residents?
5. What is an Encroachment Permit and why is it needed?
6. Do I need to obtain an Encroachment Permit to replace my sidewalk or driveway approach?
7. I want to install a fence behind the sidewalk or in the public right-of-way. Do I need to obtain an Encroachment Permit?
8. Can I place a temporary container in the public right-of-way?
9. How long is an Encroachment Permit valid?
10. What happens when work is performed within the public right-of-way without a permit?
11. I want to report a pothole that needs repair. Who do I call?
12. How many miles of streets does the City maintain?
13. Who maintains I-5 and/or Shasta Dam Boulevard (State Route 151)?
14. Does the City maintain a Pavement Management System?
15. Does the City have a street paving program?
16. Can I request that a certain street be paved?
17. Who do I call about a problem with street lights?
18. My water tastes or smells odd. What should I do?
19. Where does the City’s maintenance responsibility for the water system stop?
20. What is a backflow assembly?
21. Why do backflow assembly (RPPAs) have to be tested annually?
22. Where does the City’s maintenance responsibility for the wastewater system stop?
23. My service line does not drain properly. What should I do?
24. I recently had a sewage backup in my house. What caused it and how do I handle the situation?
25. What can I do to keep my service line in good shape?