Where do I go to get my concealed weapon permit?
The application to qualify for a concealed weapon permit is available at the Sheriff's Office records office; 1525 Court Street, in Redding. (530) 245-6025 Appointments are made for Mondays and Tuesdays, 8:00 - 3:00. NO walk-in's will be accepted.

Finger Printing Service: $93.00
Concealed Weapons Permit: $60.00
Total $153.00

*This fee is non-refundable and is to be retained by the Sheriff's Office in the event your application is denied.

*Must provide a certificate of completion (12 to 16 hour training course for the first time applicant and 4 hours for a renewal). A PC832 certificate or Military Form DD214 is acceptable if no more than two years old.

*CCW Applications must be dropped off or mailed to the Sheriff’s Office, 2 weeks prior to scheduled appointment. CCW Renewal forms must be submitted to the Sheriff’s Office, 1 week prior to scheduled appointment.

*Must be a resident of Shasta County for at least 1 year (providing two utility bills: City of Redding/City of Shasta Lake/PG&E ~ current month and same month last year shows 1 year residency)CCW Form

Show All Answers

1. Where can I pick up a copy of a report?
2. Where do I go to get my fingerprints taken?
3. Where do I go to get my concealed weapon permit?
4. What is the restraining order process?
5. What do I do when I get a traffic ticket?
6. What kind of report can I make online and how can I report it?