What type of Bond do I need?
Applicants can submit either a letter of credit or Surety Performance Bond.

Both the City of Shasta Lake and pending language in the State of California SB 94 requires applicants to provide proof of a bond to cover the costs of destruction of cannabis or cannabis products if necessitated by a violation of licensing requirements. The City of Shasta Lake will require a $5,000 Surety Performance Bond, most likely the State will require the same.

Show All Answers

1. What type of Bond do I need?
2. For retail, can the employee name tags reflect just first name and photo ID?
3. Is there a limit to the number of licenses a cannabis business can obtain?
4. How long does the application process take? Will I be notified if my application is not complete?
5. Can a cannabis business be a commercial operation?
6. How do I know if a cannabis business is allowed on the property where I plan to operate?
7. Can I cultivate cannabis while my permit applications are being processed?
8. Is there a cap to the number of permits the City will issue?
9. Does the City allow commercial cultivation and manufacturing for non-medical purposes now that the voters passed Prop. 64?
10. What are the Cannabis Permit Fees?
11. What is the current City's Tax on Cannabis Businesses?
12. Does the City of Shasta Lake allow “Cottage Licenses” for commercial cultivation?
13. According to City's cannabis ordinance dispensaries and Retail outlets are permitted to deliver, does this apply to retail nurseries?